Thursday, August 11, 2011

OBACCC Attempt #2

I got a text at 6ish. It was from my main taster and said "Vodka and Chocolate chip cookies sound awesome for dinner"

2 hours later, she showed up with El Pollo Loco and I provided the Cookies and Vodka.

This go round I tried this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

Here's how mine turned out (Wil promptly broke this fabulous plate about an hour later, ugh)


What I loved about these cookies....
-You melt the butter, No waiting for it to soften..which for cookies that you need quick is essential.
-They were exactly what they promised thick and chewy
-The color was good, they looked like a traditional CCC
-They tasted great out of the oven
-They were soft and yummy the first night and really hit the spot
-I used two kinds of chocolate chips, hersheys special dark and nestle semi sweet. The combo was divine. You could legitimately taste both flavors in each bite.

What I didn't love about these cookies....
-I didn't "get" the twist them apart and stack them. I did it for half and the only difference was that some of the twisted ones looked like siamese twins after they were done baking.
-They got much harder overnight

What I'm looking for in the next cookie...
-Oatmeal, I need it.
-Nuts, I also need those. lol
-A little longevity. They should stay soft and yummy for more than a few hours, right?

All in all a decent cookie....Looking for the next now!!

Happy Cookie Eating!!

P.S. I've been semi putting together and organizing my scrapbook room, maybe one of these days you'll get to see a layout from me again!



2 comments:

  1. Okay, that's it, when am I coming down???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me on the last post Kelly but these ones look even better. Good luck, longevity is something I've never found but would love to.

    ReplyDelete